Историко-краеведческий музей (Дворец Н.Д. Алфераки)

Алфераки_7084-6-11.jpg
DSC01157-11.jpg
DSC01178-11.jpg

Украшением Таганрога является памятник архитектуры федерального значения - Дворец Н.Д. Алфераки, в котором по инициативе А.П.Чехова был создан Историко-краеведческий музей.

Здание было построено в 1848 году по проекту известного петербургского архитектора А.И. Штакеншнейдера для богатого таганрогского помещика греческого происхождения Николая Дмитриевича Алфераки. Фасад дома украшает лепнина и четыре коринфских колонны, что придает ему облик дворца. Позднее, в 1870-х годах дом был куплен купцом Негропонте и сдан в аренду клубу Коммерческого собрания. К концу XIX в. здание полностью перешло в собственность клуба.

Дворец Николая Дмитриевича был центром культурной жизни города, как при его жизни, так и после его смерти. В гостях у Алфераки останавливались М.П. Мусоргский и М.С. Щепкин, здесь проводился прием в честь посещения Таганрога наследником престола будущим императором Александром III. В клубе Коммерческого собрания бывали известные политические и культурные деятели России, такие как князь М. Голицын, братья Поляковы, П.И. Чайковский.

В большом двусветном зале дворца устраивались балы и концерты, как местных исполнителей, так и приезжих знаменитостей, на которых А.П. Чехов бывал гимназистом и в годы приездов в Таганрог.

С 1930 г. в здании дворца разместился Краеведческий музей. В течение ХХ века экспозиция музея, да и само здание претерпели изменения. С 1989 – 1996 гг. здесь были проведены реставрационные работы, позволившие во многом восстановить первозданный облик дворца. Была открыта новая экспозиция, за научную разработку которой коллектив музея был удостоен премии Министерства культуры России.

В 13 залах дворца представлена экспозиция музея, в основу которой положен принцип коллекционного показа с использованием музейных предметов фондовых коллекций: "Археология", "Металл", "Оружие", "Керамика", "Стекло", "Ткани", "Живопись", "Скульптура", "Нумизматика" и др.

Сегодня, таганрогский Историко-краеведческий музей считается одним из старейших музее России и одним из самых красивых и популярных на юге России.

The architectural federal monument, the Nikolay Alferaky Palace, is the decoration of Taganrog. The Local History Museum was created there on Anton Chekhov’s initiative. The building was constructed for the rich Taganrog landowner with the Greek origin Nikolay Alferaky in 1848. It was built in the eclectic style according to the project of the famous St. Petersburg architect Andrei Stackenschneider. The moulding and four Corinthian columns decorate the faсade of the building and create the look of the palace. These things make it an outlook of a palace. Later in the 1870s the merchant Dmitry Negroponte bought this house and rented it to the club of Commercial Meeting. The club became the owner of this house at the end of the 19th century.

The Nikolay Alferaky Palace was the center of the city cultural life during his life and after his death. Modest Mussorgsky, a Russian composer, and Mikhail Shchepkin, a famous Russian Empire actor, visited Alferaky. The heir to the throne, the future emperorAlexander III, was honoured here on his visit to Taganrog. Famous political and cultural Russian figures such as the Russian field marshal Mikhail Golitsyn, brothers Polyakovs: the businessman Samuel Polyakov and the entrepreneurs Lazar and Yakov Polyakov, the Russian composer Pyotr Tchaikovsky visited the club of Commercial Meeting.

Balls and concerts of both local performers and guest celebrities were held here. Chekhov visited such events when he studied in the gymnasium and during his arrivals in Taganrog.

The Local History Museum was situated in the building of the palace. During the 20th century the exposition of the museum and the museum itself underwent changes. Restoration works were carried out from 1989 to 1996. These works helped to restore the original image of the palace. The museum staff was awarded the prize from the Russian Ministry of Culture for significant scientific research results connected with the new exposition.

The exposition of the museum is presented in thirteen halls of the palace. The exposition is based on the principle of the collection exhibition with the use of museum pieces of holding collections. These collections are “Archeology”, “Metal”, “Weapon”, “Ceramics”, “Glass”, “Fabrics”, “Painting”, “Sculpture”, “Numismatics” and others.

Today the Taganrog Local History Museum is considered to be one of the oldest museums in Russia and one of the most beautiful and the most popular museums in the south of Russia.

DSC01162-11.jpgDSC01166-11.jpg
DSC01181-11.jpg

347900, г. Таганрог, ул. Фрунзе, 41

тел.: (8634) 38-33-63, (8634) 38-34-96